Old Smokey, which is a manufacturing company based in Houston, Texas has always been trying to make products that people would love to use. The range of products from Old Smokey remains as the best choice for grilling and smoking. The electric smoker from Old Smokey is one of the promising products that have been introduced by the company. With the dimensions of 15.5 X 15.5 X 29 inches, Old Smokey Electric Smoker works well when at the same time looks great with grey color unit.
- Material: Metal
- Heating Element: 1250 Watts
- Cooking area: 280 square inches
- Max Temp: 250 degreeF
- Dimensions: 15.5x 29x 15.5 inches
- Weight: 24 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
The Old Smokey Electric Smoker comes with a heating element like an electric oven. On top of this heating element, there is a chip tray for loading the wood chips. The first cooking level contains a drip pan and a lower grill. There is an additional grill present in the upper cooking level. The diameter of the upper grill is about 14.5 inches while the diameter of the lower grill is about 12.5 inches. This electric smoker has been built with a flat top. It has been built with the sealed lid and two handles. The smoker has an overall cooking space of 280 square inches. It also comes with a drip pan. This electric smoker is being controlled by a heat thermostat.
Unlike other smokers like Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker, which is made from steel, this smoker is made of aluminized steel which possess the same corrosion resistant power as that of stainless steel. Also, this electric smoker comes to your hands with one year limited warranty.
The electric smoker contains some of the striking features that are responsible for making this product to stand out in the current market.
Durability: As this electric smoker is made from aluminized steel, this is more durable than any other product. The aluminum has high resistance to heat than steel and hence, it offers much durability to the product and hence, you need not worry about the heat and rust spoiling your smoker.
Portability: As this electric smoker is weighing only 24 pounds, you can be able to lift it easily by using the handles. As the size is also small, you can easily make the smoker to fit in kitchen’s counter or table top.
Cooking Space: As this electric smoker comes with two racks, it will provide you with adequate space for preparing any kinds of foods such as turkey, veggies, fish and hamburgers. The cooking space is adequate enough to smoke turkey over the lower grill while placing some of the hot dogs over the upper grill.
Top Seals: The top of the electric smoker will get sealed tightly during the process of smoking in order to keep the smoke and flavor inside the unit. This also reduces the cooking time.
Variable Heat Thermostat: This smoker is controlled by a variable heat thermostat in order to allow a variety of cooking times and styles. There is a heat control knob which would allow you to set varying temperatures.
Grill Handles: Each of the grill in this electric smoker comes with handles which would allow for easy insertion and removal.
Heating Element: This electric smoker has been constructed with the 1250 Watt heating element which can be able to produce up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
No Water Required: The electric smoker reviews are making us clear that no water is required to be added with this electric smoker. The manufacturer suggests that the included water pan to be used as a drip pan in order to capture excess moisture.
This electric smoker possesses various advantages to the users and those advantages are as follows:
- Flat Top: As this electric smoker has a flat top, it could be able to drip the juices right back onto the food.
- Durability: This aluminum construction is resistant to both heat and rust which ensures durability.
- Faster Heating: As this electric smoker is powered by electricity, this smoker has the ability to heat very fast. This saves electricity to larger extent.
- Tight Lid: This electric smoker has a tight lid which would prevent the moisture from escaping while the food is being smoked. This eliminates the need for water.
- Economical Price: Falling within the lowest price range of $100 to $150, this electric smoker has been rated as a good electric smoker in the current market.
- Temperature Settings: The controller of this electric smoker does not contain numeric temperature settings just like the digital controller. However, it can be dialed from off to high and can also be set to any point in between. When this is used in conjunction with digital thermometer, you can be able to dial a specific temperature.
- Drop in Temperature: You may have to face a drop in temperature as the smoker fills with smoke generated from the wood chips and steam.
- Need Moisture Addition: As this smoker is powered by electricity, there is no need to add water. Ideally, you may need to add moisture make the meat juicy.